Monday 8 October 2007

Maxis Broadband

Recently I subscribed to a wireless broadband service through our local provider, Maxis. The package that I took is the lowest end, therefore the cheapest, which gives a connection speed of 384Kbps. I am forced to go for a wireless service as that is the only option I have in my area. Wired service is totally unavailable which is unbelievable as the area that I stay is considered an above average residential area. But don't get me wrong I am not a rich guy but a poor chap surrounded by rich guys.

It is almost 2 weeks since I used the service and I am totally dismay at the pathetic service that I received. The download speed can be painfully slow at certain hours of the day. Worst still I faced a lot of drop lines and unconnectivity to the Internet which really wasted my valuable time.

I hope the people at Maxis will not say that since it is the cheapest "So what do you expect!". Ethically, I have paid for a service and I should therefore be entitled to a decent service level that commensurate with that price.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I am the poor guy living in a rich area and like you, I am forced to use maxis wireless. I think you must be my neighbour! :)

hfchang said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting. Lately I did make some complaints and the services have improved a little though still not to the level expected.

Anonymous said...

Well you two have me for company cos I'm another poor guy living in a rich area (Bandar Utama) which is unfortunately serviced only by Maxis. And like hfchang, I had been putting up with their lousy service for the past one year since I moved here. If it's not drop line it's low bandwidth. Now my missus also cant download videos like she used to when we were using TMNet's Streamyx, cos they had blocked P2P filesharing. Once our contract with them is up I'm going to say bye bye to them (I HOPE YOU READ THIS, MAXIS!!!) and switch to other wireless broadband solutions which I'm sure and hope by then there will be more choices available. Am really looking forward to the advent of WIMAX especially. Hope the rate is affordable though.

hfchang said...

Thanks Joseph for visting. We are in the same boat. Hope our small voices could be heard and things improve. I am sure there are many people out there facing the same issue.