Saturday 7 June 2008

How I manage my credit card debts

One, two, three….Hey! I am talking about my plastics – credit cards that is! Three! These days it’s so easy to get one. You see initially I just own a Visa but one day while shopping at our local hypermart I got another two, one more Visa and a Mastercard just basing on my creditability of owning the first one!

But bad news I got myself stuck with debts as I could only manage pay each month the minimum amount of the total debts incurred. Then it occurred to me that if I don’t manage my spending I would be heading for financial disaster.

Here’s what I did to extricate from my financial woes:

1. Avoid all consumer debt and didn't borrow to spend.
2. Pay only with cash. When I pay with credit card, I paid off the total balance each month.

But now I have turned the table on credit cards and use them carefully as a powerful wealth tool. You too may enjoy these benefits:

1. A two-months interest free loan – how? When you buy in a month you will only be billed at that month end, but you got another month to pay off!
2. Use 0% APR Balance transfer Card – if for some reasons you are stuck with a high interest card you could transfer the interest bearing balance to one with 0%.
3. Bonus points – you earn points for every purchase and could redeem for free products and services.
4. A monthly statement that tracks all your expenses.

To get maximum effect I pay the full balance outstanding every month to rein my debts. Try it. It works!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
My name is Caren. I have a credit card website that offers a lot of credit cards for various purposes. I would like to have my website reviewed in one of your posts or just place a link into some ready post. Please let me know if you are interested and how much you charge via email carenwilliams@gmail.com
Thank you for your time,
Regards,
Caren.

bokjae said...

Hey you are now PR 3!!! congrats! You need more credit cards now!!!!!

hfchang said...

Ya! hehe with 0% APR! Tks BJ for visiting.

bokjae said...

hi plse refer to my post Alternative Medicine for cancer treatment! Cheers!

hfchang said...

Tks BJ!

bokjae said...

Hey hf! I've something for you at my place, come get it! Thanks!