Sunday 1 April 2007

Colon Cleansing and Detox

Previously, I used to get this colicky pain in my abdomen despite eating fruits almost everyday (we have been advised to balance our diet with fruits and vegetables). As I am approaching mid-fifties I noticed that my bowel movement is getting sluggish although I never did have any constipation problem.

One day, about a year and a half ago while doing marketing I saw this stall selling some health foodstuff and among them was psyllium husk. The stallowner suggested that I should try this.

Dutifully ever since then, I would drink this concoction first thing every morning:

  1. A tablespoon of honey. For this I use unprocessed clover honey.

  2. One or two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. I use Bragg raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar for this.

  3. One tablespoon of psyllium husk.


I mix them all in a glass-full of water and drink it immediately. Might not be exactly palatable stuff but it does wonders. Of course you may use fruit juices instead of plain water but I prefer non-sugary stuff.

Now I must say that my pain is gone and one unexpected beneficial side-effect I noticed was that my other gastrointestinal problem was gone as well! - that problem was the tendency to purge each time I eat some spicy food like curries.

Daniel Reid in his book entitled "The Tao of Detox" advocates that psyllium seed is one useful supplement in a detox diet. It is the most effective available natural fiber-bulking supplement for clearing bowels of impacted faeces, dry mucoid plaque, and putrefactive food residue. Because of its mucilaginous property it acts like a broom sweeping the entire digestive tract.

Everyday we would brush our teeth and washes our face. But for most of us we neglect to clean one important organ - the gastrointestinal tract !. Neglect it and we could be paying a price for that in later life - in terms of higher risk to colon cancer. So cleanse your colon now for a healthy YOU!

If you are seeking alcohol or drug rehab, the web is the best way to get started. Take a look at all of the amazing programs offered such as a alcohol rehab center, and a alcohol treatment program too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that psyllium husk is good from my personal experience. When I took it faithfully, my stools came out easily and I felt so 'light' afterwards. My piles also receded. The reverse is also true. I'll feel very miserable without it. Even though it's not very pleasant to take, I would strongly recommend anyone with probelm with their bowel movements to give it a try. There are some sold with orange favour which makes drinking it more tolerable. Chang, maybe you should also avoid chilli and strong local coffee. They are bad for weak stomach.