Thursday 5 April 2007

Income Tax

This month is the month that all Malaysian, whose main source of income are derived from employment, dread. It's tax submission time! We all have to submit our tax return by the end of this month, otherwise, a penalty will be slapped on you.

I, too, dread this ordeal even though my vocation is in the accounting and finance field. My sympathy goes to those who are not so well versed with this thorny yearly affair called tax filing. Of course one can approach a tax agent to do his/her tax. But that can be costly for a wage earner where every single cents counts. These days, the cost of living is getting higher and higer!

There are two things in life that is certain: One is death, the other is tax! How true! One cannot escape from this fact of life. Every where there is tax - service tax, sales tax, real property gain tax, etc. Even in death one is not spared - there is this tax called estate duty!

But tax is one way that the government could distribute income fairly throughout society. Thus, the higher the income one gets the higher the tax you pay. I could almost hear you saying "Is that really fair?".

From my past dealings in assisting some friends to complete their income tax return form, they seem to have this notion that they should not pay tax at all! They would say "I worked so hard. Why should I share my money with the government? They are rich enough!". This is a misconception that they perpetuate in their mind.

I would always do my part as a loyal citizen to explain the philosophy behind this issue and perform my duty to submit the tax return promptly and as accurately as possible to the best of my knowledge.

So do your part as a loyal citizen! Go, file your tax return now!

1 comment:

devildairy said...

Shit, I still hvnt submit my tax. I think i won't be tax. Coz my salary just kacang putih. Yr blog reminding me. Thanks