Tuesday 3 April 2007

Unusual Encounter

Is there such a thing as ghosts? I think this question has been asked since the dawn of civilization. Well, honestly, I have not seen one, and hope will never! However, I do believe there is such a thing. I recollect one strange encounter when I was a small child around the age of 5 years, or thereabout (I couldn't remember exactly).

I remembered that at that time I was very sick then, with high fever and that sort of thing and almost felt like dying, sleeping most of the time. One night while sleeping I was awoken by some strange very loud banging noise on the door of the room next to my parents room in which I was sleeping. The banging was incessant and absolutely very loud and it sounded as if someone was desparately trying to get out of a locked room. It came in a sort of rhythmic banging.

But very strangely, despite the loudness of the noise, both my parents were sound asleep as if nothing had happened. I then realised that it was I alone who could hear this sound. I was so scared that I dared not opened my eyes for fear of seeing something fearful. I tolerated the noise and very soon I got so tired and fell asleep. When I got up the next morning I dared not even walk pass the room. Slowly, after a few days had passed by, I bravely went and inspected the door but found nothing unusual - no damages or whatsoever as I expected to see, at least, something if someone was banging that hard!

Up till today that thought still haunts me even though I had not seen anything hideous, but the incessant banging noise still lingers in my memory.

Is what I experienced was simply a hallucination of the mind when you are very sick, or what?

4 comments:

bokjae said...

Wow! what an experience, you must share more on such unexplainable experiences!

Anonymous said...

I was once attacked by such thing also when I tried to pray against some Japanese idol (in the shape of coffin) worshipped by my housemate. No matter how I tried to scream I just couldn't make any sound come out of my mouth! And when I tried to push and kick it was as if my hands and legs were tied up. I just couldn't move any of them. Only after several attempts in shouting the name of Jesus that the force (like someone pressing a pillow against my chest) left me. Till today I still have goose-bumps recalling that experience.

Anonymous said...

What you experienced: delirium due to high fever

What Joseph experienced: hysteria

hfchang said...

Thanks folks for your time to share your thoughts here. Appreciate your feedbacks.